"Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptised will be saved, but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will follow those who believe. In My name they will cast out demons, They will speak with new tongues ... They will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover" Mark16:15-18.
Our mandate is to be soul winners, starting from the place where we live. Every single one of us, male or female should be reaching out to others who do not yet know the Lord Jesus Christ and seeking to introduce them to Him. Covenant Women exists to enhance and facilitate this work by teaching, by training and by example. We want to see every woman entering into personal relationship with Jesus Christ, becoming mature in Him and developing her own ministry potential.
- Every woman has a ministry
- Every woman is a winner
- Every woman is a soul winner
Every woman is made in the image of God and is valuable to God. Every woman has a ministry...
- Firstly to the Lord
- Secondly in her home - if she is married, to her husband and then her children. If she is single, to her parents and family
- Thirdly to the community where she lives (starting in the Church)
- Fourthly to the entire world. (Mark 16:15-18)
How should she minister?
The bible clearly states that leadership is male (1 Cor. 11:3). As women we are to submit to men. If we are married it is to our husband; if we are single to our fathers. All of us should be subject to the leadership of the church. A man is our head and our covering. When we are covered and have permission we are free to operate in our gifting and to do the work of Jesus. That is to heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, set the captives free, and preach the good news.
How does this work in practice?
- Motivational Gifts - Every woman should endeavour to discover her vocational gifts, whether she is a Giver, Server, Compassionate person, Teacher, Administrator, Perceiver or Exhorter and then begin to function in that gift (Rom. 12:6-8)
- Manifestational Gifts - Every woman should earnestly desire spiritual gifts (1 Cor. 14:1) and seek to operate in her gifting.
- Ministerial - Gifts There are apostles, prophets, pastors, evangelists and teachers. God's own gift to the body of Christ (Eph.4:11).
- Worship - All true ministry springs out of worship. It is in the act of worship that we develop our relationship with our Lord and get to know His true worth. David would not have been able to defeat Goliath if he had not been a worshipper. It is when we worship that we get to know the greatness and power of Almighty God. More importantly God is actively looking for worshippers. Jesus told the Samaritan woman "God is Spirit and He seeks those who will worship him in spirit and in truth." (John 4:24). See also Ps. 27:4 and Lk. 10:3 9.
- Prayer - Our work should be undergirded by prayer and praise. Prayer is the foundation for our entire ministry.
Listed below are some areas in which we can operate in line with our gifting.
- Practical - Catering Ushering, Home visitation, Hospital visitation, Phone ministry, Practical help, Caring for pregnant women, Praying for barren women, Healing teams and Deliverance teams, Crafts, Organising nursery schools, Organising play groups, Help for the aged, Relief and refuge care, Care for the poor, Hospitality.
- Teaching - Bible teaching, Sunday school, Art of parenting, Marriage counselling, Pregnancy counselling, Writing & publications.
- Outreach - Evangelism team, Drama, Mine, Concerts, School programmes, Home evangelism, House groups, Home bible study, Youth church, Team programmes.
- Administration - Organisers for superintendent conferences and seminars, Church administration, House group leaders, Sunday school
Christian Business Women
Covenant Women believe that every woman should excel in her home, in her church and in her business. We will join hands with GLOBAL RELIEF to encourage and empower women both with teaching and with group finance to develop their business potential (Prov. 31:16-24)
A Covenant Woman is committed to:
- Fast every Monday for the Church until 3 or5p.m.
- Give weekly to the Covenant Women funds.
- Join a small ministerial group at a day mutually convenient for your pastor of your branch.
- Hold bi-monthly prayer meetings for women.
- Attend teaching weekends and conferences for women at regular intervals to affirm and support one another.
- Plan outreach evangelism.
- To think globally and - through prayer and ultimately going - seek to reach the world for Jesus (Mark16:16)
A Covenant woman is a soul winner. She exercises her ministry in the small group within the context of the church. Her ministry begins at home and radiates beyond into the community. She will fulfil the potential invested in her to the glory of God.